VolleyWrite is easy to use, whether the scorekeeper is knowledgeable about volleyball or just learning. The prompts keep the scorekeeper on track and even eliminate the need for a “human” libero tracker. The screen is clear and the system is easy to navigate. The ability to go to the score sheet or reports in the middle of a set is particularly helpful. If a coach wants to check whether a player has been in the game for enough points, one click provides that info – no more counting points from the score sheet!
I must extend my sincere thanks to your company for allowing me to participate in the beta testing. My scorekeepers had so much ease using the program that other schools were jealous. I would definitely be interested in full-time usage for next season, and have shared the information with our high school’s fall girls coach (I only coach boys in the spring).
We had an official question its use in place of a “human” libero tracker, and we were advised by the NFHS to have a paper-and-pencil libero tracker in addition to the use of your program. I found this redundant, but we complied nonetheless. We even had a printer on standby if an official requested to initial a hard copy upon set and match completion.
If I can provide any additional information regarding the software use this season, I would be more than happy to. It was an absolute pleasure. I have recommended it to every colleague that I could!
Head Coach, Vernon Boys Volleyball
Feedback received from OHSBVA 2013 season survey
Here is what users in the Ohio High School Boys Volleyball Association have to say:
* Tremendously simplified the scoring process. Made it much easier to keep up with the pace of the boys’ game.
* Easy to use, anyone could do it
* So easy!
* One person with a spotter could keep the book and libero
* VERY user friendly. It made everything easier… For parents, coaches, officials… great software
* Very intuitive and easy to use
* Very convenient and great support
* Greatly simplified the entire scorekeeping process – including libero tracking
* Easier for new people to learn how to score. Also liked how it would e-mail to me.
* All encompassing
* Simple and easy for volunteers to use
* The simplicity of everything is a great tool for any volleyball program!
* I used it for a few home matches. I loved the software and the stat girls learned it quickly.
* Clear reports, saved on a hard drive.
Thanks to all of the OHSBVA schools that participated in the survey at the end of the season! The coach from Dublin Jerome was selected as the winner (by a highly technical pick-a-name-out-of-a-hat method). She will choose to receive either a $25 VISA gift card or a 50% discount on a yearly license of VolleyWrite (a $50 value).
The boys volleyball state finals in Ohio were a success! Great volleyball and no problems! VolleyWrite Volleyball Scoring Software made scorekeeping a breeze for Mike Chandler, the official scorer. It doesn’t get any better than this!
Jeff Kline, the R2, ensures the correct lineups with Mike Chandler, the scorer, using VolleyWrite Volleyball Scoring Software.
Mike Chandler was having fun using VolleyWrite Volleyball Scoring Software at the Ohio High School Boys Volleyball finals in May.
Thanks to Rachel Seewald, we have the NCAA position on electronic scoring:
“The NCAA does not approve or endorse products for use. … Current NCAA rules do not prevent the use of computerized scorekeeping, assuming the computerized product covers all aspects of a written score sheet and/or libero tracking sheet.”
– Rachel Seewald, NCAA